Our Customer Service Charter
As a customer of a Smartgroup company, you can expect a simple and rewarding experience that is easy to understand and even easier to manage.
We continually look for ways to innovate and simplify the products and services we offer, and ask you, our customer, to let us know how we’re going so that we may learn from your experience dealing with us - both good and otherwise. Our unwavering commitment is widely recognised by our peers, having received more awards for customer service and innovation than any other company in our industry, and we’re proud to be accredited by the Customer Service Institute of Australia (CSIA).
Our commitment to you
Our mission is to make the services we offer easy to understand, and for them to be simple and seamless so that you may take full advantage of your benefits.
- Be friendly and helpful
- Explain clearly your benefits and how they work
- Direct you to the best person to answer or resolve your enquiry first time
- Respond to email and social media queries within two business days
- Provide a transparent and competitive fee structure
- Keep you up-to-date with any changes that impact your benefit arrangements
- Invite you to provide open and honest feedback so that we may improve our service delivery
- Continue to seek new ways through innovation and technology to improve our services and make them easy to understand and even easier to access.
We value your feedback – it’s what drives us to improve the way we serve – so if you feel we’re not meeting this commitment to you, we’d like to know about it. To lodge a complaint and understand how your complaint will be handled, see our Complaints Charter.
So that we can provide the service you’ve come to expect from us, we ask that you:
- Read the updates we send regarding your account
- Let us know immediately when there are changes to your personal details, employment status, or if you’re taking personal leave that affects your pay dates, like long service or parental leave
- Be courteous to our service staff.
Get in touch with us whenever and however it suits
- We’re here to assist when you need us. To find the communication channel that suits you, see Contact Us.
We respect and protect your personal information
For your peace of mind, we:
- Have an onsite risk management team dedicated to the protection of our customers' private and sensitive information
- Will never sell personal information to other organisations for marketing purposes
Licensing and Accreditation
We're committed to maintaining the highest levels of industry accreditation and compliance.
Smartsalary is registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and holds an Australian Credit Licence, Licence No: 390165. Furthermore, Smartsalary has an Australian Financial Services Representative Number: 284495. Smartleasing staff hold Financial Services Reform Act (FSRA) accreditation through Marsh Advantage Insurance Pty Ltd ( AFSL 238 369), where the insurance is provided by AAI Limited trading as Vero Insurance (AFSL 230 859), Eric Insurance Limited (AFSL No. 238279) and the Smart Guys Pty Ltd (AFSL No 460412) in addition to AML/CTF accreditation through St George Bank Ltd.
Smartsalary is a member of the Australian Finance Industry Association (AFIA), who is the leading industry advocate for Australia’s finance sector. They work with governments, regulators and key financial stakeholders to ensure that our members can actively participate in a stable, competitive and accessible finance market. Smartsalary is also an Accredited Finance Broker with the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA). The FBAA was formed in the belief that the establishment of measurable standards of proper professional practice in sourcing domestic and commercial funding was in the best interests of its customers/consumers and vital to the integrity and future well being of the finance/mortgage broking industry. Published within an industry recognised Code of Practice, these standards have been adopted by an increasing number of industry professionals who, as finance brokers offer domestic, commercial, lease and motor vehicle, business, and debtor finance.