Is your car storm damaged? Here’s what to do
An update from Vero 2:00pm AEDT, Monday 20 January 2020
If your vehicle has experienced panel damage only, complete and submit the Motor Vehicle Accident Report Form downloadable from the Vero Website. If the damage includes windscreens or glass, or your vehicle is undriveable, please call Vero on 1300 619 033, Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5:30 AEST/AEDT, to lodge your claim.
Note: For windscreen only claims, individuals can take their vehicle to O'Briens and obtain a repair at their own expense and claim it back. Please remember to take photos of your vehicle before the repair in order to seek reimbursement subject to Vero's policy.
The severe storm experienced in and around Canberra on Monday 20 January has certainly made its mark. If its also left a mark on your novated lease vehicle, here’s what you need to know and do about the damage.
1. Please don’t panic. Insurance companies will be inundated with calls and claims today and there’s plenty of time to lodge your claim.
2. Panel beaters will also be extremely busy with claims and repairs so allow some time before getting quotes.
3. Take photos of the damage today. Carefully inspect all panels, including the roof and glass surfaces, for dents and cracks. Take close-ups to capture specific damage, and if possible, location pics to show where the car was located at the time of the damage. If may be helpful to label the photos with the location of the damage, such ‘front passenger side door’. Finally, remember to check the interior.
4. Note the date, time and location of your vehicle when the damage took place.
5. Call Vero on 1300 619 033, Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5:30 AEST/AEDT, to lodge your claim. Make sure you have your policy number handy, along with your licence details and vehicle registration number. You can also submit a complete claim form which can be downloaded from the Vero website.